Thursday 5 February 2015

Final Cut Pro Lessons

As we are editing using Final Cut, I thought it would be a good idea to re learn some of the skills I learnt at AS Level in order to be able to edit effectively. And, of course; learn new skills that I can use in my music video. The first tutorial I looked at was a split screen tutorial, as we had a good idea of splitting the screen into four sections and having multiple action shots in each section. We got this idea from a past student video, and so I thought it best to learn exactly how to do so using YouTube tutorials. This is the video I chose to use. 





I also wanted to find out how to use slow motion on Final Cut, I had already learnt this last year but as I haven't used the programme for a while, my skills are a little rusty and needed to be learnt again! We wanted to try and use slow motion in some of the clips where the two girls are playing with the leaves in the park to help create a bit more emotion and alter timings. I found another really usefulvideo to help with this. 



Lastly,my final skill that I wanted to learn was to do with changing the colour effect of certain shots, to either enhance the colour, or darken. For example, there is a lot of footage that we wanted to use in black and white and other footage such as the forest footage that we wanted to be brighter and bolder to reflect the moods and feelings of the shots. Here is a clip that I used and found useful.


Hopefully,when we have uploaded all the footage we have got from today I will have another go at editing using all of these new skills I have learnt!

No comments:

Post a Comment